1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch KVM switch not working

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Bill howe, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Bill howe

Bill howe New member

I recently purchased a KVM switch from you this ATEN model CS1842.
    Trying to switch 2 monitors and 1 keyboard & 1 mouse back and forth between 2 desktop computers.
    Would like to switch control of the monitors, keyboard and mouse from one computer to the other.
    The 2 monitors which are HDMI plugged directly into the back of the KVM switch, no problem there.
    The HDMI cables coming out of the KVM switch and going to my main computer needed a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI to connect the 2 monitors to that computer. I did that and it works fine. Video is working.
    The keyboard and mouse do not work, I've been told the models I have are too advanced for the KVM switch, and the switch will only accommodate the most basic keyboard and mouse.
    That said the tech at ATEN told me I could purchase an adaptor for multi port USB, plug that into the USB port on the KVM switch then plug the keyboard and mouse into that and it should work, but it doesn't
    Can't attach pictures, says file is to large.

2. Customer Service

Customer Service Staff Member

Hello Bill,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

We hear that you called in and reported that your issue has been resolved.

If you still need us to look into this for you, please reduce the size of your picture-files and upload them.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.