1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch KVM switch with USB-c monitor connection?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Pete, May 31, 2022.

1. Pete

Pete Guest

Hi, I have two MacBook Pro's I want to share an external monitor between them. But the monitor is connected via a USB-C cable. I don't want to connect via HDMI, for some reason when I connect via a HDMI cable I get lower resolution (not a 4K monitor).

Is there a switch where I can connect to it via USB-C and also go out to my monitor via USB-C?

I'm not sure I'm approaching this correctly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Pete,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

KVM switches supporting USB-C are extremely scarce in the marketplace. Top-tier manufacturers we carry still do not offers ones that sent the video out to a monitor via a USB-C connection.
    :(

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.