1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

4K KVM switches running 4K @ 60Hz

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Julio T, Sep 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Julio T

Julio T New member

Hello,
    We are in need of a few KVM switches capable of running 4K at 60Hz.
    Do you have something available?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

It appears that current 4K KVM switching technology can only handle 30Hz.

This appears to be the case primarily because existing chips controlling KVM switching do not currently meet the speed that is required to handle 4K switching @ 60Hz.

We know of at least two leading manufacturers who are in advanced R&D stages that may result in the availability of KVM switches supporting 4K @ 60Hz by the end of Q4, or at the beginning of 2016.

3. Zac

Zac Member

It has been a few months since this question was asked, but when I tried in 2016Q2 to look for '4K' 60Hz capable KVMs I met with no success. It's hard finding screens that meet the spec, so I guess demand is not great yet?

Do you have any idea what kind of progress is being made on this front?
    Thanks.

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

We currently carry one 4K KVM switch supporting 60Hz - the CS782DP.

We know SmartAVI is planning on releasing a 4K KVM switch supporting 60Hz sometime in Q3, but we don't have any details yet.