1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch KVM USB device sharing?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by ooBadgeroo, Sep 20, 2022.

1. ooBadgeroo

ooBadgeroo New member

I have two separate computer systems sharing a single LG UltraWide 38WN95C Monitor. I can switch the monitor easily back and forth easily between my 2017 MacBook Pro running OSX on HDMI connection and my 2022 MSI Laptop model GE76 12UHS-031CA running Windows 11 on Display Port connection.

However, I have to manually (physically) swap the respective keyboards and mice when I select each system on the monitor.

The MSI laptop has a hard wire keyboard and mouse, whereas the MacBook Pro uses the Apple "wireless" keyboard and mouse.

I notice on Amazon.ca that KVM has an incredibly large selection of devices that might meet my needs for switching the keyboards and mice, as well as perhaps other devices such as my B600 Anker video bar, which connects to each of the computers via USB C to USB C cable.

Any suggestions of an appropriate device to buy that would accomplish the above goals would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Doug