1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen Looking to set up a KVM switch for 3 laptops and 4 monitors

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Tonya Baut, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Tonya Baut

Tonya Baut New member

Laptop 1: Lenovo Think Pad; HDMI, USB 3.0
    Laptop 2: HP Spectre 360; HDMI, USB 3.0
    Laptop 3: Samsung Galaxy Book Pro, USB 3.0
    I have 3 Samsung monitors (HDMI) and one LG monitor (HDMI)
    I have 3 USB hubs, 1 wireless keyboard, 1 wireless mouse and 1 wired gaming mouse
    Currently I have the Lenovo set up with the 3 Samsung monitors via HDMI adapters and multi-screen software.
    The Samsung laptop uses the LG monitor via an adapter and I have USB hubs there as well for external drives.
    The HP is not independent of anything else.

My objective is to set up all three laptops so I can switch between them when needed. I want each laptop to be able to use the 4 monitors, mice, keyboard and hubs. As an example, the Lenovo is a work laptop and I want to use all 4 monitors, mouse, keyboard and USB hubs for peripherals. Then I would like to switch to a personal use laptop (Samsung or HP Spectre) and use all 4 monitors, mouse, keyboard and hubs.

What would your recommendation be for the best KVM switch and/or other adapters for this use case?

Thank you