1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Keyboard/Mouse Need a KVM Recommendation

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Lisa Robinson, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Lisa Robinson

Lisa Robinson New member

I have 2 separate work computers. No admin rights on either, as our IT dept controls additions like grim death. That means I cannot accomplish what I need via software. That means Logitech Flow, or other similar programs are not possible.

The hardware is two separate Lenovo ThinkPad Laptops. Each has it's own docking station and it's own 2 external monitors.

Don't really want to share the monitors. I just want to be able to share the same wireless keyboard and mouse - and to be able to switch back and forth between the laptops quickly.

Seems like an easy task, but from what I see there are soooo many options that I want to ask the experts.

Thanks

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Since you're not looking to share video, you could deploy a KM (keyboard/mouse) switch (as oppose to KVM switch).

However, please be advised that such a switch may not work well with a wireless keyboard/mouse. Compatibility with wireless USB peripherals is a known issue with KM and KVM switches, so any model you deploy may or may not work with your wireless keyboard/mouse, and there is no way to tell other than trying it out (learn more...).

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.