1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender Options for 2 user KVM extension

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Paul m, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Paul m

Paul m Member

VIP-200H Rx Model No. VIP-200HRX
    $499.99
    [​IMG]
    VIP-200H

What would be another way to have this routing?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Sorry, but we don't understand your question.

3. Paul m

Paul m Member

It's a challenge to come up with the right phrasing of these questions to get a recommendation. I think I would need 1 transmitter and two recovers. That would give me control of one computer with two monitors in 2 separate rooms. Is that correct?
    This is apparently out of stock. So I ask is there something else that would work?

4. KVMGalore Expert

Hello Paul,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

In the absence of a KVM splitter that supports dual-video, you may want to consider KVM over IP that supports dual-video.
    You will need 1x transmitter (by the computer) and 2x receivers (for your two consoles to control the computer from two different rooms).
    KVM over IP requires that you set up a dedicated network by deploying an Ethernet switch, and connecting the transmitter and receivers to this switch.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

5. Paul m

Paul m Member

Thank you that helps tremendously. One last question. If a sender/receiver pair doesn't have enough USB ports, can I just hook up a USB extender as well?

6. KVMGalore Expert

Not sure what you mean by this.
    The transmitter has one USB connection to the computer, and this connection handles all USB communications (keyboard/mouse and additional USB peripherals you may use at the receiver end).
    The receivers have USB ports for a keyboard and a mouse, plus additional USB ports for additional USB peripherals. If you need more USB ports than available, you may connect a USB hub to one of the USB ports.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

7. Paul m

Paul m Member

Yes. Most definitely. Wasn’t sure if you could connect a usb hub to a receiver port usb. Thanks for your help!