1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Switch that supports 3440 x 1440 resolution?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Liz, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Liz

Liz Guest

Hello: To my disappointment, I bought a switch from another retailer and found that it did not support my Samsung CF791 monitor's 3440x1440 resolution (100Hz refresh rate) and so the display for both my Mac Mini (HDMI port) and PC (DisplayPort) only occupied about 2/3 of the screen. Is there a switch that will permit the display to occupy the entire screen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Liz,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

HDMI 2.0 KVM switches such as CS1822 and CS1842 will support 3440x1440 resolution @ 100Hz as long as the source computers and the monitor also support HDMI 2.0.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.