1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen Three Machines, Three Monitors, Lots of Peripherals

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Dan Glasser, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Dan Glasser

Dan Glasser New member

Greetings!

I have a rather complicated setup that I'm trying to build. The gist is:

1) Three computers used for different purposes:
    - Computer 1: my work machine, a 2020 13" Macbook Pro, which occasionally will actually need to be displayed on all three monitors, but other times I'd like to just display this machine on one or two of the monitors
    - Computer 2: my personal machine, a 2015 15" Macbook Pro, which will usually be displayed on one or sometimes two of the monitors
    - Computer 3: a gaming Windows tower (custom build) that may be displayed on one, two or all three monitors depending on variables

2) Three Samsung curved monitors, and I'd like for them to ideally all be in use at any given time. As stated above, all three monitors might display just one of the machines, or one monitor might display one machine each if I need to jump back and forth between all three machines

3) A ton of peripherals, mouse, keyboard, mic, speakers, etc, which I would like to be able to switch between machines independently of the monitors.

Example: Monitor 1 and 2 and displaying the 2020 work 13" Macbook, and Monitor 3 is displaying the 2015 personal 15" Macbook. I can switch the peripherals between the two machines to hop back and forth (and yes, this will likely require a separate switch).

I'm assuming I'll need 3 or even 4 switches to pull this design off, but I'm unsure which ones.

Here's a picture I drew of the setup discussed in the example:
    https://imgur.com/a/uDLQeYL
    [​IMG]

I could see KVM switch #1 in this drawing actually being two switches instead of one. Point is, the design is somewhat flexible.

Can you help me determine where to start looking? Thanks!