1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Dongle USB dongles for Smart IP KVM 116

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Julio, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Julio

Julio New member

I have recently acquired a Smart IP KVM 116 from Minicom and I need to buy 32 ROC cables.

I need to connect 16 servers each one. The servers' ports are VGA to video, USB to mouse and USB to Keyboard.

I believe the ROC USB is our best option but I need to understand how I will turn mouse and keyboard at the same USB connector? Does it work?

Please answer my question and send me you best price for 32 ROC cables (maybe 4 kits with 8 ROCs pack).

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]Yes, ROC USB is the CAT-5 "Dongle" that works with the Smart IP KVM 116 KVM switch you have.

The ROC's single USB connector gets connected to a USB port on your computers, and is responsible for transferring both keyboard and mouse signals between the computer and the keyboard/mouse connected to the KVM switch.

ROC USB are also available in 8-packs.