1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender Video booster

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Greg Marx, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Greg Marx

Greg Marx New member

I am a level 2 technician for my company and we have Model No. ST-C5V-600 in one of our conference rooms to use with the projector.

I'm pretty sure that the distance for the CAT-5 cable has exceeded 600 feet as we are going from the conf room to the IDF then back from the IDF to through the ceiling to the projector. We are getting a blurry image, but when I connect a 20' CAT-5 between the local and remote units, the image is crystal clear.

That being said, is there some sort of signal booster or repeater that you can recommend to improve the video quality?

We'd like to avoid buying a more expensive unit that supports greater distances since we already own this one and I don't think its new enough for any type of exchange.

Please let me know ASAP if you have any suggestions for signal boosters.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

NTI (the manufacturer of the unit you have) offers no boosting solution. They recommend replacing the unit with one that supports greater distance, such as XTENDEX VGA Extender (1000-feet).

[​IMG]KVMGalore offers some boosting solutions you may want to consider.

VGA Over CAT-5 Repeater get's inserted in the middle of the CAT-5 run to extend the distance. Although we never tested it with NTI equipment, this appears to be the perfect solution for you.

Another option to consider is replacing a portion of the the CAT-5 run with a high-quality VGA cable coupled with a VGA signal booster such as VGA Synchronizer or TruLink VGA Signal Booster.