1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse KVM VOPEX PS/2 KVM Splitter

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Thomas Arnold, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Thomas Arnold

Thomas Arnold New member

I am looking at the VOPEX PS/2 splitter 4-port...

The device is perfect for what I need to set up. my question is:

One run of the four remote terminals is quite long (300') and there is all ready a CAT5 wires in the building. Is there a way to take advantage of the CAT5 to get to the one remote station?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]Please confirm you are referring to VOPEX PS/2 KVM Splitter, 4-Ports, Model No. VOPEX-4KVIM-A.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click.

3. KVMGalore Expert

[​IMG]Yes, you can extend anyone of the consoles from the KVM splitter by using a PS2/VGA KVM extender that supports the CAT-5 distance between the remote console and the computer.

If you wish to stick with the same NTI brand, you should check out ST-C5KVM-300 supporting 300 feet or ST-C5KVM-600 supporting 600 feet.

4. Tammy Kuhn

Tammy Kuhn Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  5. Thomas Arnold

Thomas Arnold New member

If I need to use "3 in 1" wires you supply, how can I extend one of the stations 300' ?

Thank you in advance!!
    Tom

6. KVMGalore Expert

The KVM splitter expects the connection of four consoles using the cables from the monitors, keyboards and mice - no use of any "3-in-one" cables is required.
    Do this for only three (local) consoles.

For the remote console (300 feet away) - you need to use a KVM extender as described earlier. A KVM Extender has two boxes: A transmitter (local) and a receiver (remote). The transmitter should get connected to the 4th console port on the KVM splitter. The remote console (300 feet away) gets connected to the receiver. The transmitter and the receiver are linked via CAT-5.

If you're using ST-C5KVM-600 - The transmitter has built-in cables with one VGA and two PS/2 connectors - use these connectors to connect to the 4th console port on the KVM splitter, and you are all set.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click.