1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question What KVM to get

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Chris Warner, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Chris Warner

Chris Warner Guest

I am looking for a KVM to reduce cable and port wear on my laptops, and to simplify my life.
    Ideally, I would like to have the ability to switch 2 screens beetween 3 computers.

1) is a Windows Gaming PC with an NVIDIA GPU with 1 Dual-link DVI, 2 DP and 2 HDMI ports on it.
    2) is a 12" Mac Book Pro M1 (will need to use Display Link so will need an adapter for second port)
    3) is a 14" Mac Book Pro M1Pro.

What I want is to share my Kinesys keyboard, between all three.
    USe my 2 dipslays, one has 2xHDMI ports, the ohter has HDMI, Dual Link DVI or VGA.
    I have a doc for my 12" MAc Book, and will probably charge it using that dock and pass on a Thunderbolt 3 as I don't want my audio gear on that dock seen by the 14" mac book.

Suggestions would be appreciated, though it does seem that based on what I have seen on the market, there is not a lot that will fit my needs, especially for under 1000 dollars.

Thanks in advnace
    Chris