1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen Windows 10

Discussion in 'KVM' started by ps mueller, Nov 27, 2016.

1. ps mueller

ps mueller New member

Here is my OLD setup:

OLD
    1 Dell computer runs windows 7 connected to 2 monitors that use an Extended screen setup.
    **Monitors are 1600 X 900 resolution with a 60 Hz refresh rate.

This would be my NEW setup:
    1 Dell computer runs windows 7.
    1 Dell computer runs windows 10.
    Either computer would use the single Extended screen setup.

I would like to use a KVM switch to connect up both computers that would use the current dual monitor setup.
    SO, I would have the ability to use either PC independently of each other with the 2 monitors that would each use the extended Dual monitor setup

I was looking at the
    KEEMUX DVI, 2-Ports, Dual-Monitor
    Model No. KEEMUX-P2D-2.

It does not say this supports windows 10. When is this model going to be updated to use windows 10? Is there another choice? I wish to spend as little as possible to get a reliable switch that would meet my systems needs.

Help Please.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Not sure what you mean by this.

This model is old and it supports PS/2 keyboard and mouse. It is very likely that both your computers only support USB keyboard/mouse, which will not be compatible with this switch.

A KVM switch doesn't care what operation system your computers are running. All it cares about is the compatibility of the video, keyboard and mouse connectors and protocols. Learn more...

Finally, look at these dual-view KVM switches that support USB keyboard/mouse - anyone of these would probably be a better, more modern choice for you.