1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender Wireless HDTV Streaming

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Ismail Z, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ismail Z

Ismail Z New member

I am interested in this product
    http://www.kvmgalore.com/shopping/wireless-hdtv-streaming-c-5005.html?group_id=506#long_description
    I was wondering if you have a similar product that comes with USB ports too? I would like to stream and play some PC games / movies from my office to my living room.

1. Can you confirm that the product I've linked will be able to transmit HD through my office wall (next to the living room)?

2. There was a mention of IR in the link; can you confirm that this connects to my PC via USB ?

3. Is there an alternative that also allows the transmission of USB signals ( i.e. comes with USB ports at the receiver end)?

Thanks very much

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Your link points to two (2) different products.

Which one product (of the two) are you asking about?

3. Ismail Z

Ismail Z New member

Wireless 3D Digital Kit Model No. GW3DHDKIT is the model I am interested in.

However, would prefer one where I could transmit USB signals (to hook up keyboard, mouse and XBOX controller).

Thanks

4. KVMGalore Expert

[​IMG]The Wireless 3D Digital Kit is capable of streaming uncompressed Full HD 1080p with support for the 3D movie content along with 5.1 digital surround sound audio up to 100 feet away within the home, through walls and ceilings for your desired setup.

Distances may vary depending on environment; solid objects such as steel, concrete and brick may view shorter distances.

The infrared (IR) does not connect via USB. It's designed to allow the person in the remote room to control the source in the origin room (such as DVD player, setop-box, etc.) via IR remote control.

The Wireless 3D Digital Kit does not support any USB extension to the remote room. The Wireless 5x2 HD Matrix on the other hand does support USB extension. USB ports on Transmitter and Receiver enable a keyboard connectivity in the remote room to control the attached computer/laptop in the origin room.

5. Ismail Z

Ismail Z New member

Excellent, thank you very much for your help.
    One last question :)
    Do you foresee any problems with me hooking up a USB hub to the transmitter (Living room with TV) so I can use more than one peripheral (i.e. mouse, keyboard and xbox controller)?

And finally, am I right in assuming that one wall between the receiver and transmitter will not cause any problems?

Thanks again for your efforts.

6. KVMGalore Expert

Interesting question. The USB port is intended for keyboard use. Not sure if it will support a hub with a few peripherals. We will have to research this for you.

One (sheet-rock) wall would not cause any problem. Solid objects, however, such as steel, concrete and brick may reduce wireless performance.

7. KVMGalore Expert

The USB port is designed to only support HID devices (typically keyboard/mouse).