1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Wireless KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Bob Probst, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Bob Probst

Bob Probst New member

I need a KVM switchbox that will receive — wirelessly — transmissions from 4 computers and let me select which appears on the projector, which would be connected through either VGA or HDMI cable. Does such a box exist?

At the moment I have to carry 4 VGA cables and 4 HDMI cables to connect the computers to the box. Then I am prepared for whatever the projector requires — either VGA or HDMI. if I could find the wireless box I’ve envisioned, I wouldn’t have to pack those 8 cables.

Do you have any suggestions?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Bob,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter. We have a few clarifying questions:

1) A KVM switchbox switches control of keyboard, video and mouse. But from your description it sounds you only need video switching (sending video from anyone of your 4 sources to the projector) and do not need keyboard/mouse switching. Please confirm that this is the case.

2) What 'box' are you referring to (into which you are currently running cables from the computers)? Please attach a drawing depicting your current setup so that we can better understand it.

3) Does each one of your computers have a) HDMI video output? or b) VGA video output? or c) Both HDMI and VGA video outputs?

4) Do you require that the desired switch will have a) HDMI video output? or b) VGA video output? or c) Both HDMI and VGA video outputs?

Please advise.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.