1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen 3-video-head KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Jim Radke, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Jim Radke

Jim Radke New member

In the near future I am going to be purchasing three Dell U2715H monitors. These monitors support up to 2560 x 1440 resolution, and each have 2 HDMI connections, 1 Mini Display Port, 1 Display Port (version 1.2), and 1 Disaplay port out amongst other connections.

I am looking for KVM switch that I can use between two computers that will support switching all three of these monitors, along with a USB keyboard and mouse between the two computers.

On one of the computers, I have a high end HD Radeon card that has two mini display ports, and two full display ports, along with 2 hdmi connections.

The second computer is a laptop that has one HDMI connection. I plan on using a USB Hub, and Plugable DisplayPort, or HDMI connectors to control the monitors.

Do you have a KVM switch that would allow me to control these three monitors, my keyboard and mouse in the configuration that I outlined taking advantage of the full resolution of each monitor?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]Assuming both computers will end up having three video-heads each (either via graphics cards or by using external USB-based video cards), you can use AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen, Triple-Head as your KVM switch (with two extra ports to support up to 4 computers).

AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen will allow you to have one console consisting of one keyboard, one mouse and three monitors (for extended desktop, for example), supporting resolution up to 2560x1600.

Being that AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen uses DVI connectors, and being that your video-heads and monitors have DisplayPort and/or HDMI connectors, you will need to use DVI-DisplayPort and DVI-HDMI adapters to connect to your computers and the three monitors.

3. Jim

Jim Guest

Is there anything in a 2 computer with 3 or 4 monitor configuration?

The extra two computer locations (x 3 monitors) in the KVM would cost a lot of extra money for the extra computer ports that would never be used!

Jim

4. KVMGalore Expert

5. Jim

Jim Guest

What would be the best option if I connected two of the monitors to the switch (along with my keyboard, mouse, speakers, and microphone), and did the third monitor manually by switching the port?

Can we find something a little more reasonable?

Jim

6. KVMGalore Expert

[​IMG]You should consider MiniView 2-Port Dual View Dual Link DVI KVMP Switch with Audio, as it supports the high resolution you require.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click.