1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen Dual HDMI monitor KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by jay s, Oct 25, 2014.

1. jay s

jay s New member

I have 2 computers and 2 monitors.
    I want to use dual monitors so I need a KVM that can support dual HDMI monitors.
    The connectors for the monitors on my laptops are also HDMI.
    Something not too expensive.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]To accomplish this, each computer must have two (2) video outputs, allowing two monitors to be connected to each computer, resulting in the ability to have extended desktop viewed across two monitors (see pic).

If this is the case, we can recommend a dual-view KVM switch that will allow you to control both computers with one k/b, one mouse and two monitors.

If this is not the case, then we can recommend ways to add an additional video port to each computer.

3. jay s

jay s New member

Thx v much.

What is the cheapest model that will do this?

I have 2 HDMI ports on ea monitor so this is good.

Thx!

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Assuming you meant to write: "I have 2 HDMI ports on ea computer", then you're good to go.

Dual-view HDMI KVM switches are quite scarce, but you could use a DVI dual-view KVM switch with a simple DVI-HDMI adapter, since DVI video is compatible with HDMI video.

Choose among these 2-port dual-view DVI KVM switches. The cheapest is the StarView DVI Dual Monitor USB KVMA/KVMP Switch.

For future growth, you may want to check out 4-port dual-view DVI KVM switches as well.