1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen Dual-view KVM switch for iMac, MacMini and PC

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Ben, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Ben

Ben Guest

I have an iMac with two video ports (plus a built-in monitor), a MacMini and a PC, each with two video ports.

Currently I'm controlling the three machines via IOGEAR GCS1794. When viewing the iMac, I have the built-in monitor and the screen connected to the KVM configured to display the iMac's video in extended desktop across both screens.

I now want to add yet another screen, so that when viewing the iMac, I'll have the 3 screens (the built-in one plus the 2 screens connected to the KVM) configured for extended desktop across three screens, and when viewing the MacMini and the PC I'll have the 2 screen connected to the KVM configured for extended desktop across two screens.

My video resolution is 1080p.

Which KVM switch would you recommend that will support this application?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

You'll need a KVM switch supporting dual-video per computer, and two screens for the console. Since your iMac has a built-in screen, you will now be able to configure it to display its video across three monitors.

And since DVI video is compatible with HDMI video and DisplayPort video, all you'll need to make the connections are simple adapters.