1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Keyboard/Mouse Duplicate a USB device rather than switch it

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Brandon D, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Brandon D

Brandon D Guest

Hello,

Does this website have a device that duplicate a USB peripheral (like a keyboard) to 2 computers? Essentially, I'm looking for a USB / KVM switch that allows me to output to both computers simultaneously, rather than switch between them.

I would like to hook a keyboard up to 2 separate computers and have it's input be sent to both computers at the same time. I know this use-case is rather niche, but if there's a solution out there, I would love to know about it. Preferably anything that isn't software or OS dependent.

Thank you!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

This would require a unit with the broadcast feature, like these.
    These would only send generic keyboard keystrokes (i.e. no macros, quick buttons or other non-standard keys) off a standard 104 key layout as it has to use the emulated keyboard.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.