1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP KVM over IP Gateway with Camera Feature

Discussion in 'KVM' started by K.J., Mar 22, 2023.

1. K.J.

K.J. Guest

Hi there,

I am looking for a KVM over IP Gateway solution for 2 laptops that I would like to be able to keep at my house and connect to them remotely over WAN/internet from a third computer.
    I would like to be able to take meetings from my 3rd computer, so bidirectional audio is necessary and a USB camera would be a big bonus as well.
    Would this be possible?
    The solution does not necessarily need to support 2 laptops, I can buy 2 separate solutions one for each laptop if needed, and I have a friend who is looking for the same solution so you would have another sale as well.
    Thanks!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello K.J.,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

None of the KVM over IP gateways we offer support generic USB over IP like that. The bandwidth over the public Internet cannot reliably handle a USB webcam.

AdderLink iPEPS DVI that was discussed earlier supports speakers over IP, but does not support microphone.

ATEN CN9xxx do support bidirectional audio (speakers and microphone) over IP. Choose your model based on the video interface your laptop has.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.