1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Two USB-C Docks + K/V/MMM

Discussion in 'KVM' started by LGonKGHC, Jul 20, 2023.

1. LGonKGHC

LGonKGHC New member

I have two laptops, each connected to docks to operate as they only have two USB-C ports each.
    • 2022 XPS13
    • 2022 XPS 15
    I'd like to be able to use the two DisplayPort and one VGA (with whatever adapter needed) monitors to have one battle-bench area to use with my current USB-B keyboard and mouse to KVM switch to either laptop.

I know this is a lot to ask from a KVM switch, but is there anything out there that could handle Dell USB-C docks as the video input and keyboard/mouse interface?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello LGonKGHC,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Before we can point you in the right direction, we need some additional information about your setup:

1) How many monitors would you like to set yourself up with?
    2) Please list the type of video interface each one of the monitors have
    3) How many video ports do you have on your 1st laptop/docking station?
    4) How many video ports do you have on your 2nd laptop/docking station?
    5) Please list the type of video interface each one of the laptops/docking stations have
    6) How many USB ports do you have on your 1st laptop/docking station?
    7) How many USB ports do you have on your 2nd laptop/docking station?
    8) Please list the type of USB ports each one of the laptops/docking stations have

Please advise.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. LGonKGHC

LGonKGHC New member

1.), 2.) Three monitors. Two are Display Port, one is VGA, but I am willing to purchase whatever adapter needed.
    RE: "two DisplayPort and one VGA (with whatever adapter needed) monitors"

3.)
    My first laptop has no video ports. Only two USB-C ports.
    I have two laptops, each connected to docks to operate as they only have two USB-C ports each.
    • 2022 XPS13
    4.) My first laptop has no video ports. Only two USB-C ports.
    • 2022 XPS15
    5.) 6.) 7.) 8.)
    Dock 1 -(XPS 13)
    • Two Display port, one HDMI, one USB-C
    • Two USB, One USB-C (For Power In, but will not be used for this), One USB-C (likely for video, as it is right next to HDMI)

Dock 2 - (XPS 15)
    • One HDMI, One USB-C
    • Two USB, One USB-C (For Power In, but will not be used for this)