1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender What do I need

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Mark Chester, Aug 5, 2024.

1. Mark Chester

Mark Chester New member

Hello, hoping I can find some help

I am setting up 7 workstations in a rack and want to use kvm extenders to each of my workstation users.

So basically I need to extend 2 DisplayPort monitors, keyboard, mouse, audio, USB for each of the 7 workstations, preferably using a fiber spf connection.

The send unit will be rack-mounted with the workstations. The receive units will be on people's desks so should be small and out of the way.

Can you help me locate suitable units?

TY

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Mark,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

ADDERLink XD642 over fiber SFP modules (listed at the bottom of the product page) will do the job for you.

Similarly, you may want to check out LongView 5500.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.