1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen 2 USB-C laptops/2 Dell Monitors

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Nick, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Nick

Nick New member

Hello, I searched and could not find anything specific enough to determine the right solution.
    I have 2 Dell laptops. One is a Latitude 5440 and the other is a Latitude 7530. Both use USB-C connections to a Dell Docking station.

Currently, the 7530 is connected to the docking station via the USB-C cable which also provides the power. The two monitors are connected to the docking station. One connection is DisplayPort and the other is USB-C at the dock to DisplayPort on the monitor. Both monitors are Dell U3415W and each have multiple connection options. I use a Logitech K750 wireless keyboard and M705 wireless mouse

The Latitude 5440 is a recent edition to the desk and I'd like to get a KVM switch that could be used to connect both computers to both monitors. Ideally, I'd like to connect them without the docks if possible but still get power to the laptops from the KVM. I've seen some that will power 1 laptop, but I've not found one that will power both.

I envision a single USB-C connection from each laptop to the KVM, then the monitors connected to the KVM, along with Network cable and other peripherals (e.g., USB Smart Card reader). I don't know much (anything) about EDID, but it seems important if you want your screens to stay the same each time you switch (which I do).

I've tried to provide everything I could. Hopefully that is sufficient information to guide me to the right product. FYI - I am assuming this is not going to be some cheap model KVM and that is ok.

Alright then, I appreciate your help and I'm glad I found this forum during my search for the perfect KVM to setup my new office with.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Nick,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Tall order indeed, but SV340DPH, along with 2x USB-C to Dual-Video-DisplayPort KVM-Switch Adapter-Cables will do the job for you:
    - Direct connection from USB-C port on your laptop to the KVM switch
    - Support for USB peripherals (e.g. USB Smart Card reader)

Although, Power Delivery is performed to each laptop individually, NOT through the KVM switch.

Lastly...
    Not sure what functionality you are looking to support here - please explain.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. Nick

Nick New member

thank you for the info. With regard to network cable. Just meant i need to be able to connect to ethernet cable to provide network connection to both laptops

4. Nick

Nick New member

5. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Nick,

We don't carry this brand so we cannot comment on its fitness to your needs.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.