1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Wall 8 TVs into one screen

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Marko M, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Marko M

Marko M New member

I am interested in connecting 8 TVs into one screen.

Currently I have a DVD player (with HDMI output) connected to a hub (video splitter), which in turn is sending the same video to 8 screens simultaneously.

I'd like to position my screens next to one another, say in a 4x2 configuration (2 rows, each with 4 screens), and have the video display as one big image spreading onto the 8 screens as in a video wall.

Note: If 4x2 is a difficult configuration, I am open to doing 3x3 (9 screens).

Note: I may end up having the video source be a cable-box instead of a DVD player.

Can you recommend the hardware required to accomplish this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

There are a number of different ways to accomplish this:

1) A dedicated 'one-to-many' video wall processor, such as EZWall-Pro sends one video source to a pre-configured video wall. The only down side to this solution is that it doesn't support a 4x2 layout, but can support a 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 layout.

2) Use a matrix switch which supports at least 8 outputs and supports video-wall (such as VM5808H; MXWALL-LT-0408). Obviously you'll be under-utilizing the switch's capability (by using only one source), but you'll gain a pathway for future expansion and the flexibility of arranging your screens anyway you want.

3) Use an 8-port HDMI video splitter to send the video to eight (8) BrightSign media players (one for each screen). The included BrightAuthor software comes with the ability to setup a video-wall (it's called: BrightWall) of any size and layout. Note: This solution will not work If your video source is HDCP.