1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question ADDLERLink XD612 display issue

Discussion in 'KVM' started by William G, Feb 29, 2024.

1. William G

William G New member

I have a ADDERLink XD612 transmitter with DisplayPort 1 and 2 inputs connected via network to my ADDERLink receiver DisplayPort 1 and 2 outputs.
    My problem is my KVM "Black" box only has HDMI inputs/outputs for my PC HDMI and ETC HDMI light control but does not recognize the active DisplayPort to HDMI cable.
    What can I do to get this signal to my monitor and continue to use my Black Box?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello William,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Your images are not showing, since they are pointing to your local drive - please upload them to HelpCenter for visibility.

3. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

ADDERLink XD612 transmitter and receiver should not be connected via network, but rather via a direct connection (fiber or CATx - see image).

ADDERLink XD612 transmitter only has ONE DisplayPort video input. The 2nd DisplayPort video connection on the transmitter is for an optional local screen.

We can't speak for your 'KVM "Black" box', nor can we speak for your 'active DisplayPort to HDMI cable' unless you provide us with model numbers (which we carry on KVMGalore).

That being said, please know that ADDERLink XD612 is designed to support 2x extended screens (in an extended desktop configuration) utilizing DisplayPort MST. An HDMI signal coming from your KVM switch (and into ADDERLink XD612 transmitter) will not support MST.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

Attached Files: