1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Dynamically output 8-10 workstations on 4 monitors

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Jonathan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan New member

I was wondering if an IP KVM or other solution existed that would allow me to connect 8-10 workstations, and then output them dynamically on 4 monitors. This would need to allow all workstations to output individually to all 4 monitors, or just 1 monitor.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

We're not sure what you mean by "output 8-10 workstations dynamically on 4 monitors".

Please elaborate. Tell us what components you have in your setup and what exactly you are looking to achieve.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan New member

I would like a IP KVM or other solution that will display 8 workstations on 4 monitors. I'd like to be able to select which of these 8 workstations are displayed, and if I want them to be used on multiple monitors. Maybe I'd only like 2 workstations each using 2 monitors. Possibly 4 workstations each on 1 monitor. Or 2 workstations with 1 workstation on 3 monitors, and 1 workstation on 1 monitor.

4. KVMGalore Expert

Alright then. A matrix video switch can accomplish this.

Before we can recommend a specific solution, please advise:

- What type video do the computers have? (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc.)

- What is the distance between the computers location and the 4 monitors?

5. Jonathan

Jonathan New member

Would this allow mouse and keyboard use as well?

- At least VGA, we could get workstations with DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort if needed.

- 50ft or so.

Please list a few options if available.

6. KVMGalore Expert

No. From your question we understood your were only looking to route video output from anyone of the 8 computers to anyone of the 4 displays, which is what a matrix video switch accomplishes.

Do you also need to a keyboard/mouse by each monitor (turning it, in effect, to a console that allows you to control the computer which is displaying on the monitor)?