1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP IP KVM over USB-C?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by fox, Sep 19, 2023.

1. fox

fox New member

I have laptops I want to sit in racks, lids closed, and be able to access via KVM. I'd like to do it over USB-C (only port available on the laptops.) Remote desktop/VNC are not viable options, since devices may have corporate policies restricting them and remote management is required.

I'm happy to chain additional adapter/dongles to make something work.

I recently found the TinyPilotKVM Voyager 2a, however they cancelled my order after reading a short, technical exchange on Twitter because there was a "high probability it wouldn't support my scenario." So that device seems out, because they won't take my money.

Would multiple users be able to access the visual interface via web browser? I like that feature of the TinyPilot, but I'm new to IP KVM's.

Are there any other KVM's/devices on the market that would support this scenario?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello fox,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Anyone of these KVM over IP switches will do the job for you. You will need to deploy...
    1x KVM over IP switch to which you will be connecting your laptops, and
    a USB-C dongle to connect each laptop to the switch

Yes. The number of concurrent users gaining access and control of laptops at the same time depends on the switch model you select (anywhere from 1 to 8 concurrent remote users).

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.