1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP KVM for multiple locations

Discussion in 'KVM' started by dcastoral, Feb 22, 2024.

Tags:
  1. dcastoral

dcastoral New member

I am looking for a device that can switch between an NVR and several computers and can display it on 3 separate TVs in my house.
    I have a CAT-6 network and 3 TVs used as monitors.
    I have 1 managed switch (GS316EP) , 2 laptops and 1 NVR.
    All the TVs are wired CAT-6 back to a patch panel.
    I want to use a keyboard and mouse across the network and be able to switch between the NVR security cams and laptops and of course use the TVs for TV.
    I can find devices that send HDMI but not the keyboard mouse, plus I have several devices I need to control.
    ty, any help is appreciated.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello dcastoral,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

A KVM over IP system could do the job for you.

Connect 3 Transmitter units to your 3 sources (NVR and 2 laptops).

Connect 3 Receiver units to the video ports of your 3 TVs.

Connect 1x keyboard and mouse to one of the Receiver units.

This will allow you to use the keyboard and mouse to control anyone of your source devices (NVR and 2 laptops).
    This will also allow you to route the video coming from anyone of your source devices (NVR and 2 laptops) to anyone of your 3 TVs.

Please elaborate.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.