1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitter Minicom VGA over CAT-5 Receivers

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Troy N, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Troy N

Troy N Member

I am looking for help replacing some failing 1VS23004 VGA over CAT-5 Receivers.
    These are being used with a Minicom VGA to CAT-5 4 port splitter.

Thank you

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]Troy,

We were unable to locate 1VS23004 - this may be because this number may be a portion of an assembly.

Might it be possible that you are referring to 0VS23004 (Minicom Video Display System Remote)?

3. Troy N

Troy N Member

I have been told the 0/1 is a country code, though I'm not sure. These devices are approximately 10 years old as well. I think the 0VS23004A is similar with the exception that it does not require power, maybe POE. The 1VS23004 does have an external power supply. [​IMG]

4. KVMGalore Expert

Troy,

Your image did not come through.

The Video Display System Long Range Remote model used to require a power supply.

Assuming this image is of the unit you are looking to replace - can you please send it as an attachment so that we can confirm which part number you need to order?

5. Troy N

Troy N Member

6. KVMGalore Expert

We were able to confirm that the Video Display System Long Range Remote model does require a power supply.

You can go ahead and replace your failing Remotes with the either one of the following:

Remote - Receives signal and displays it on an attached screen; supports distance of up to 360 feet.

Dual-Screen Remote - Receives signal and displays it on two attached screens; supports distance of up to 360 feet.

Long range Remote - Receives signal and displays it on an attached screen; supports distance of up to 825 feet.

7. Troy N

Troy N Member

I purchased the VDS-R [0VS23004A] as recommended and it didn't work. The distance is less than 120'.

8. KVMGalore Expert

What is your VDS-R connected to?

9. Troy N

Troy N Member

10. KVMGalore Expert

TP-114 you are linking to is incompatible with Minicom VDS-R.

VDS-R is only compatible with: VDS-B and VDS-LS.

11. Troy N

Troy N Member

We are using a 1VS22008. I'm curious why this wont work with the VDS-R. Is it due to the fact that VDS-R is not powered and requires POE which our existing transmitter 1VS22008 does not do?

12. KVMGalore Expert

We don't know what 1VS22008 is. As previously mentioned, VDS-R is only compatible with: VDS-B and VDS-LS.
    At this point you may want to consult with the manufacturer (Kramer Electronics) .