1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Missing CAM for AdderLink X200

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Renee A, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Renee A

Renee A New member

I'm looking to control 2 computers with one set of monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers (one console).
    The console is going to be in proximity to the two computers.

My computers use VGA video and USB keyboard/mouse.

I have an AdderLink X200 but I'm missing the CAM.

Can you advise what is needed to complete my setup?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

AdderLink X200 is a KVM console extender (not a KVM switch). It consists of two components: (1) A CAM which gets connected to the back of the computer, and (2) X200 Receiver which gets positioned at the remote location, to which you connect your console. The CAM and the Receiver are connected with a CAT-5 cable up to 330 feet long to facilitate the console extension.

Although AdderLink X200 has a built-in 2-port KVM switching capability, it's main intention is to extend the console away from a computer (or two computers).

From your description, it appears you don't need a KVM extender, but rather a simple 2-port KVM switch.

Here's a list of 2-port KVM switches supporting audio, USB and VGA, for you to consider.