1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Replacing old PS/2 switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Byron C, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Byron C

Byron C New member

I'm looking to replace an old 16-port VGA-PS/2 KVM switch which is failing.

The switch uses cables with a single HD-15 connector on the switch end, that split into 2x PS/2 and 1x VGA on the server end. I'd like to be able to re-use these cables with the new switch.

Some of my servers have PS/2, but newer ones have USB, and so the new switch needs to support both.

Any recommendations?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Look at our offering of 16-port USB &PS/2 KVM switches. Obviously, you only want to look at those supporting coax cables.

Some models to take a closer look at may include:
    expreZo EZswitch - the newest of the bunch, supporting either PS/2 or USB console. Its cables (listed at the bottom of the product page) support both PS/2 and USB with just one cable.

CS1316 - with long cables (listed at the bottom of the product page) available.

MiniView Ultra+ Combo - also supports sharing USB peripherals.

CS1716A - Supports port expansion; also supports sharing USB peripherals.

Note that these cables are proprietary to the manufacturer, and so your existing cables may or may not work with the new switch.

3. Byron C

Byron C New member

I’m looking for a 1U monitor/keyboard unit as well. This can either be separate or have the 16-port switch built in.

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member