1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender 2x1 4K HDR KVM extender

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Acceler8, Apr 8, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Acceler8

Acceler8 New member

Hello,
    I am looking for something a little bit different. I've not had much luck searching, so I found this forum.

I have a PS5 and a gaming PC that are physically separate. I need a KVM solution that will let me connect each device (so two transmitters) to a single receiver (via Cat 6 or similar) in the basement in order to connect to a gaming cockpit. So I need two separate transmitters (for HDMI and USB) and one receiver.

Connection Details:
    PS5
    HDMI and USB(2 or 3)
    4K HDR @ 60FPS

PC:
    HDMI and USB(2 or 3)
    2K @ 120FPS

I also need pass through, so I can also use both source devices with their local setups (screens and audio). If I have to, I'd be willing to go 1080p on both devices, if that is all that is possible.

Does such a device exist?
    Thanks!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Acceler8,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Before we can point you in the right direction, we need some additional information about your setup:
    1) What does this mean? Are these two machines in proximity to one another?

2) Are you looking to have a user sitting in the basement use a gaming cockpit to access and control anyone of the two machines, with the ability to switch from one machine to another?

3) Just 1x video connection per machine and per gaming cockpit?

4) Is the audio on the two machines driven through the HDMI?

Please advise.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. Acceler8

Acceler8 New member

Thanks for the prompt response! Regarding your questions:

1) What does this mean? Are these two machines in proximity to one another?
    No, the two machines are separated, so I will need some sort of device at each location (one for PS5 and one for PC).

2) Are you looking to have a user sitting in the basement use a gaming cockpit to access and control anyone of the two machines, with the ability to switch from one machine to another?
    Yes, I want the ability to switch between PS5 and PC at the target machine (the gaming cockpit in the basement). Although, I won't be switching back and forth that often. So if there is some cord swapping, or manual configuration required to switch between, that would be acceptable. I would be using the gaming cockpit with one or the other system at a time, and not hot-swapping between the two.

3) Just 1x video connection per machine and per gaming cockpit?
    Yes, just a single HDMI per source (and USB for the steering wheel). Using a Fanatec DD Gran Turismo wheel & pedals.

4) Is the audio on the two machines driven through the HDMI?
    For the PS5, it is. For PC, I am currently using a standard 1/4" headphone jack currently. But I could also use HDMI for PC audio if required.

Thanks again!!

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Thanks for your feedback, Acceler8 :)

A KVM over IP system can accomplish this for you. Here's what you'll need:
    a) Setup a dedicated Ethernet network;
    b) Connect 2x Transmitter (Tx) units (e.g. KX9970T) to the 2 computers (1x to each computer - being that these devices have DisplayPort connectors, you'll need HDMI to DisplayPort adapter cables to make the connection to the HDMI computers); KX9970T supports local access, allowing you to setup a console locally.
    c) Connect the 2x Transmitter (Tx) units to the Ethernet network;
    d) Deploy 1x Receiver (Rx) unit (e.g. KX9970R) at the user's location (being that these devices have DisplayPort connectors, you'll need DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to make the connection to the HDMI monitor);
    e) Connect 1x Receiver (Rx) unit to the Ethernet network.

A similar system supporting 1920x1200 resolution is also available for your consideration, but please note:
    1) Being that the video is DVI, you will need HDMI to DVI cables to make the connections to your HDMI machines and monitors;
    2) DVI does not support audio. Analog audio on these devices is supported via 3.5 mm jacks.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.