1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix 4x4 HDMI matrix w/ VGA input

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Rob E, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Rob E

Rob E New member

I'm looking for 4x4 matrix video switch.
    My 4 sources are: 1x VGA; 1x DVI; 1x DisplayPort; 1x HDMI
    My 4 screens are all HDMI
    Max. distance from the rack that will have the sources and the switch to the screens is 40 feet.

The challenge I'm facing is with the VGA (analog) input, being that all other signals (including the screens) are digital video.

Can you offer a switch that will handle this scenario?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Rob,

Thank you for reaching out.

Have a look at KD-VW4x4Pro: It can accept HDMI inputs as well as VGA inputs, and it connects to 4 HDMI screens.
    For your DVI source you could use a simple DVI to HDMI adapter (or adapter-cable), being that DVI video is compatible with HDMI video. Please pay attention to the genders when selecting your adapter.
    For your DisplayPort source you could use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter/converter. Please pay attention to the genders when selecting your adapter.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. Rob E

Rob E New member

So I want to make sure that the KD-VW4x4Pro has built in scaling to allow all outputs to all 4 TV's to be 16:9 1080p 1080x1200. They want to fill the output screens so all 16:9 screens are filled no matter what the input.

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello again, Rob,

Just to clarify, 1080p resolution is 1920×1080.

KD-VW4x4Pro will upscale to 1080p any video input coming in a lower resolution, providing it's coming in with a 16:9 aspect ratio. If the input video is not at 16:9 aspect ration, you may need to use the screen itself to fill it out with an image (screens typically have this feature to stretch an image, resulting in a filled screen, albeit with a distorted image).

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.