1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix 6x6 Matrix switch with USB capabilities?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Keith, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Keith

Keith Guest

Hello,

My setup currently includes 2 Mac Pros and 3 Mac minis running out to 5 monitors.

2 of the monitors are currently getting direct HDMI feeds from each Mac Pro respectively. This signal is also split out to 2 more of the monitors in my setup.

The 5th and final monitor currently has 3 HDMI's dangling around the back so that any one of the three mac mini's can be sent to the monitor.

I'd like to change this setup around so that any monitor can receive signal from any computer. It looks like this could be done with a HDMI matrix switch. However, I also need to switch keyboard and mouse connections between each of the workstations.

I haven't seen any HDMI matrix switches that also include keyboard and mouse functionality. I may be missing something here, so any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

If we understood you correctly, you're looking to setup 5 consoles, with the ability to - from each console - not only view video from each of the 5 computers, but also to control the computer being viewed by means of USB keyboard/mouse.

Indeed, a 5x5 matrix (or multi-user) KVM switch should do the job for you. One such switch is the AdderView DDX30. Although not supporting native HDMI, it does support DVI (which video is compatible with HDMI and only require simple adapters.

And so, you will need the following:
    1x AdderView DDX30 switch
    5x DVI dongles (for each computer)
    5x user stations (for each console)

And you are all set!

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you first sign-up before you reply to this thread (instead of responding as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...