1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP Accessing a PC via Ethernet

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Larry, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Larry

Larry New member

I am looking for a device that would allow me to connect to a PC on our production floor through Ethernet. Once I had control, I would be able to see what is on the screen and control the keyboard and mouse. I would use Windows Remote Desktop or equivalent but the computer's Ethernet is not connected to the network and cannot be. A device that would allow me to control the monitor, mouse and keyboard could be connected to the network however.

I am not sure which of your products provide this ability. Do you have a recommendation and user's manuals for your devices?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]You could use a single-port IP KVM Gateway to accomplish this, such as the AdderLink iPEPS.

Some issues to consider may include:

- The need for a local KVM console to access the PC locally (in addition to the ability to access it remotely over Ethernet). AdderLink iPEPS Dual Access, for example, provides this ability.

- The video interface (i.e. VGA or DVI). Most models support VGA. Models supporting DVI include AdderLink Digital iPEPS; AdderLink IP Gold.

- The keyboard/mouse interface. Some support USB. Some support PS/2. Some (such as AdderLink IP Gold) support both.