1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Avocent SV240D for gaming

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Patrick Y, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Patrick Y

Patrick Y New member

Order 10920.
    Not sure if i ordered the correct device?
    I have a high def Asus gaming 3440x1440 monitor capable of 144hz refresh rate with 2 PCs
    Need to ensure the quality of resolution and share 2 PCs via 1 DisplayPort.
    I don't want to compromise on resolution.
    Please email if we need to change my order, how to best discuss my needs... sorry

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out.

Avocent SV240D utilizing DisplayPort 1.2 supports Ultra High Definition 4K resolutions up to 3840x2160 @ 30Hz.
    At this time, this unit has not been tested to support the ultra wide screen monitors that display 3440x1440 @ 144Hz.
    It has only been tested to support that resolution at 60Hz, not 144Hz.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.