1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-view Computers 60 meters away

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Savvas, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Savvas

Savvas New member

Hello,

I have one more question with regards to the ATEN CM1164A multiview switch.

If I have 4 computers that I will connect to this switch but I want to move them to a different room approximately 60 meters away, can I do that and not loose the switches functionality like the boundless mouse movement?

And if I can do it how will it be done and what cables will be needed?

Best regards,

Savvas

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Savvas,

Thank you for reaching out.

Yes, you can accomplish this by using a KVM extender and you will not lose any of the switch's functionality, including Boundless Switching. We recommend you use CE620. You could do this in two different ways:

a) Position CM1164A together with your 4 connected computers in the room, then extend the console ports from CM1164A 60m away to your user console location using one CE620. In this scenario, however, the remote user will obviously not be able to control the switch using front-panel push-buttons or the IR remote control being that CM1164A is far away from the user.

b) Position CM1164A by the user console and connect it to the 4 computers which are in the other room 60m away using 4x CE620 extenders (one for each computer). In this scenario, the user will be able to control the switch using front-panel push-buttons or the IR remote control being that CM1164A is by the user.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.