1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Digital/analog audio-video switch

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Derek Suderman, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Derek Suderman

Derek Suderman New member

I'm looking for an audio/video switch that will support a mix and match of digital and analog audio.

I have 3 devices:
    1) Laptop with DVI and DisplayPort video; 3.5mm analog audio
    2) Laptop with HDMI video+audio; 3.5mm analog audio
    3 X-box with HDMI video+audio; Optical audio

The monitor I'm looking to use with the switch has DVI video; 3.5mm + L&R (RCA red & white) analog audio.

I was looking at VIDMUX DVI/HDMI, 4-Ports but not sure this would support my application.
    Can you please confirm and/or recommend a solution?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]Confirmed!
    VIDMUX DVI/HDMI, 4-Ports will bring in audio to each port either through the DVI connector (using the proprietary cable listed at the bottom of the product's page connected to an HDMI source) or through a separate 3.5mm cable from an analog audio source.

Going out to your monitor - use a DVI to DVI cable for the video, and a 3.5mm audio cable from the switch to your monitor.