1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen DVI KVM supporting 4 monitors

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Steve P, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Steve P

Steve P New member

I am looking for a DVI KVM that will do two computers that each have 4 monitors.
    Two monitors are 5MP and two are 1920 x 1080.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]Multi-screen KVM switches mostly support dual-monitor, with only a few models supporting four video-heads per (computer) port.
    Take a closer look at DVN-4Quad-DL and AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen, Quad-Head, both supporting up to 2560x1600 resolution.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click.

3. Steve P

Steve P New member

I have two different setups I use so I would need two switches. Can you confirm that the resolution of the monitors I have will work with either switch?

Setup 1 for the first switch: 1680 X 1050 2048 X 2160 2048 X 2160 1920 X 1080

Setup 2 for the second switch: 1920 X 1080 1536 X 2048 1536 X 2048 1920 X 1080

Thanks
    Steve

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Not sure what you mean by 2048 x 2160 (typically the width pixel count is greater than the height pixel count).
    Not sure what you mean by 1536 x 2048 (typically the width pixel count is greater than the height pixel count).

Both recommended switches support DVI resolution up to 2560 x 1600.

DVN-4Quad-DL supports DVI-D, while AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen, Quad-Head supports DVI-I.

5. Steve P

Steve P New member

The reason the pixel count is like that is because they are in portrait mode which is typical for medical imaging.