1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender Extender Touchscreen Support

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Andy Schmidgall, Nov 23, 2022.

1. I have a Dell C5522QT touch screen smartboard display. I am looking to connect a laptop to the screen via an HDMI/USB extender and control the laptop via the touchscreen display. Can I accomplish this with the VE803 via 2 Cat 6 cables going 75 feet?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Andy,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Using VE803 might work, although you'd be limited to 1920x1080 resolution. Additionally, the laptop would either have to be kept closed, or its display would have to be set to mirror mode (otherwise you'll be controlling an extended display).
    VE803, however, uses analog tech, so the cable runs ideally need to be straight through with no patch panels or wall plates. Shielded CATx cables would be better as well, or at least in a conduit, and both runs need to be very close in length, ideally exactly the same length.

CE820 may be a better future proof style solution, allowing 4k @ 30Hz and it only takes a single CATx cable to run. Plus since it's packet based - a more traditional Ethernet pull - that can include patch panels, wall plates and other cable breaks would be better supported.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.