1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Gaming with multiscreen across 2 computers

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Davron, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Davron

Davron New member

I have a setup that is a bit difficult to find compatibility with in most things, so I'll ask here.

I have 3 monitors on the bottom row that I game on and 2 monitors on the top row that I view everything else with. The center lower monitor is a 3440x1440 and the rest are all 2560x1440. Sadly nVidia doesn't support surround with this configuration so only games with really crude hacks can support the full resolution with my 1080. I also have a pair of Fury X cards in another computer that play most everything else well enough. It is a real pain to disconnect and reconnect all the cords and not all of the monitors have multiple displayport inputs.

Given that latency is a concern, is there a KVM solution for this? What should I be looking for? I don't even know what I want the end solution to look like, so suggestions are welcome.

If I could switch the bottom row only, that'd probably be good enough. I haven't looked into displayport hubs or if they can work to offload port requirements for KVM switches.