1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

I/O How to connect A2D sensor to 110v AC Relay...

Discussion in 'Environment Monitors' started by Garren, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Garren

Garren Guest

Hey folks,

I work in a very old building with an ancient fire suppression system. No fire alarm panel... just a claxon bell if the sprinklers are set off. We test this every year by code and it works well. The claxon is run by a pressure switch that sends 110v to the bell.

I want to put an A2D sensor on that relay but I am not sure it will work. I would love to hear how I can setup an A2D sensor so that it is not blown out by the 110v power. I am thinking an inline resistor would drive down the power to the 10v but I am not sure about the AC vs DC requirements.

Or is there a better sensor for the Watchdog 100?

Thanks to all who reply.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Garren,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

According to Vertiv, 110VDC is an absolute no. Max is 10VDC.
    You will have to use a step down converter.
    There should be plenty available on the open market.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.