1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP KVM-over-IP with Audio input and output functionality

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Bala, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Bala

Bala New member

Hi,

I have tested Raritan DKX4-101, so this is exactly what is required but it lacks audio input from microphone functionality while accessing my physical server through Internet.

Let me explain my situation here. I have attached KVM-over-IP Rariten DKX4-101 to my physical server to access it out of my local network. I have to make Skype meeting calls through that physical server using Jabra Evolve 40 USB headset (specifically made for Skype business calls) that works fine. But when I remotely connect to the physical server to make Skype meetings for presentation, poeple on the other side of Skype meeting can not hear me but I can hear them.

DKX4-101 has audio output functionally. It can broadcast audio over the IP to remote user but lacks the audio input feature. So remote user can't use microphone to input audio to Skype call.

I think ADDER IPEPS+ might have that feature. It was in their description that audio works bi-directional but I'm not quite sure. This particular KVM over IP gateway is also accessible via Internet.

I just want to use this hardware only solution for just one server and one user.

Please kindly help me find the right product, a needle in a whey stack, with your expert advice.
    I'll really appreciate for your prompt response.

Thanks and regards,

Cheers! :)

-Bala

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Bala,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Unfortunately, ADDER IPEPS+ currently does not have audio support over a remote connection.

ATEN CN8600, however, can handle one user/one server remote access with audio in and out as long as the PC is either DVI or HDMI.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.