1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen KVM/Solution recommendation for 5 monitors

Discussion in 'KVM' started by TedK, Mar 31, 2021.

1. TedK

TedK Guest

Hi guys,

I currently have a single desktop with 5 monitors on it. Soon, I'll be receiving another desktop that's "for work only". I want to put both desktops under my desk, and then be able to smoothly switch the 5 monitors (plus, USB mouse/keyboard and one more USB port) between the two desktops.

In other words, I have two jobs (employments), and I need to be able to quickly flip between the PCs and use the same 5x monitors and kb/ms.

What would you recommend?

JFYI - If a 5x monitor solution isn't available -- I might be able to get away with 4x monitors and just leave the 5th monitor attached to a single desktop at all times.

Thank you!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello TedK,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

AdderView DDX transmitters (CAMs) and receivers (USRs) can be grouped to form 'Computers' that support multi-head connectivity:
    DDX10 (with 9x CAMs and 1x USR) can support one computer with 5 video-heads and another computer with 4 video-heads.
    DDX30 (with 10x CAMs and 1x USR) can support both computers, each with 5 video-heads.

Otherwise, most multi-screen KVM switches will support a maximum of 4 video-heads.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.