1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch KVM switch that supports USB 3.0

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Steve M, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Steve M

Steve M New member

Hello,

I recently received the KVM switch from order #10318

The model# is SV231DD2DUA.

I am writing to find out if it is possible to return this item and upgrade it to a different item.

I found out after everything was connected that the 2.0 USB is not sufficient for my devices and that I would need a KVM switch that supports USB 3.0.

I would like to be able to return this item and purchase a model that supports USB 3.0 with the same/similar features plus any return/stocking fee.

Please let me know if this is possible - and if so, what model you recommend would be the same/similar item but with USB 3.0 support instead of USB 2.0 support.

Thank you for your consideration.

Steve

2. Customer Service

Customer Service Staff Member

Hello Steve,

Thank you for reaching out.

Yes, it is possible to return your item. An RMA email will be sent out to you shortly with return instructions.

Separately, a KVMGalore expert will respond with the recommendations you requested.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

These two StarTech models (albeit 4-port models) support USB 3.0 peripheral sharing.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.