1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question KVM switch to use work and gaming laptop with one monitor

Discussion in 'ASK - Get real answers from the experts' started by Stephen Piazza, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Hello,

I am looking for a KVM switch that would allow me to hook up my work laptop (with USBc for power, video, and devices) and a gaming laptop (power brick, display port for video, and USB for devices) to one monitor.

The ATEN CS1953, may be the correct option, but I see its only rated at 60hz at 4k. If I choose to only output at 1440 or 1600p can the switch pass a 145 or 165hz signal to the monitor by display port when hooked up to the gaming laptop by display port? I only need the gaming laptop to output at 145 or 165hz, the work laptop when hooked up with USBc can output at 60hz.