1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch KVM switch with analog, DVI and HDMI connectors

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Kay Gallo, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Kay Gallo

Kay Gallo New member

Looking for a 4-port KVM for use on a technician bench, where we connect different computers every day, so I'd prefer a KVM that offers optional cables that have analog, DVI and HDMI connectors, so I can mix/match cables different video connector types, as needed.

Appreciate any guidance/suggestions.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]You will need to use a DVI KVM switch that supports DVI-I (such CubiQ DVI KVMP Switch, AdderView 4 PRO DVI, for example) and use industry-standard cables. Make sure the switch you select supports DVI-I, which will ensure it supports both digital video (DVI; HDMI) and analog video (VGA).

Many such switches already ship with cables, but again you have to confirm the cables support DVI-I.
    Use a DVI-VGA adapter to connect to VGA computers.
    Use a DVI-HDMI adapter (or a separate DVI-HDMI cable) to connect to VGA computers.