1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix Looking for New KVM Multiplex Switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Brian McGrew, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Brian McGrew

Brian McGrew New member

Hello!

I am looking for a 4-user KVM Multiplex that'll control up to 16 HDMI/USB machines. IP Access would be nice too, if it available. All the users are close, 25' to 50' from the switch but I think that'll be too long for USB and require CAT-5/6 cabling.

Please let me know what you have. Our 20 year old Tripp Lite switch died and it is a huge impact to our operations.

Thanks!

-Brian

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Brian,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

There is very little availability in the marketplace nowadays for a 16-port, 4-user (local users) KVM switch, as the industry shifted to KVM over IP.

To support your local users, DDX30 will do the job for you. You will need:
    1x DDX30 switch
    4x User stations (for your local users)
    16x dongles to connect your computers (DDX system doesn't have HDMI dongles, but you can use DVI dongles with a simple adapter, being that DVI video is compatible with HDMI video)

Alternatively, you could deploy a KVM over IP switch that supports 4 remote users (plus 1 local user at the rack).

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.