1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP Multi video and RS-232 inputs over IP?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by TitanCore, Dec 29, 2018.

1. TitanCore

TitanCore Guest

Any idea how to accomplish the following?

I've got a hardware farm consisting of 16 computer like systems that output video streams to DVI or HDMI. I've also got windows server 2016 (or windows 10) Virtual machines (VM) running in the azure cloud. I need a user that's remoted into a VM to be able to pick a particular video stream and see the stream.

Bonus points if you have something with a terminal server type functionality as well as each of those 16 systems has RS-232 port that the user on the VM needs to access as well.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello TitanCore,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

A KVM over IP Gateway can be used to have a user gain remote access to a server over IP in order to control it as if he/she were sitting at the server.

Obviously, to accomplish this you need to hook the KVM over IP Gateway to the servers keyboard/mouse and video ports. You could probably make such a connection to anyone of your 16 servers in your farm, but not sure whether you have such access to you VMs.

Some KVM over IP Gateways also support RS-232 connection to support the control of devices via RS-232 interface.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.